Storing Onion Sets to Plant Later

I want to grow and enjoy green onions all summer long and into the fall here in northern Wisconsin. The problem is that bags of sets are only for sale in the spring. What is the best way to keep them fresh and "plantable" later in the season?
Wayne
Add pictures here
✖
quotesOn Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:52:18 -0700 (PDT),

Pop them in the 'fridge, between 32 and 40F....don't let them dry out.
It'll do the trick for ya.
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:52:18 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Meant to add, don't seal them up, they need air circulation to prevent mold, etc. Even if they start to show sprouting later, they'll still work.
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 19, 6:34 pm, Charlie wrote:

Well, that's easy enough! Should I leave them in the little bags they come in or put them into something else?
Wayne
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:17:45 -0700 (PDT), wayne

I've just left mine in the little bags. I kept them in the vegetable drawer thing at the bottom.
When you plant them, use any that have started sprouting first and then the little ones, or any that are feeling a little softish.
g'luck and enjoyments Charlie
Add pictures here
✖