Storing leftover seeds question.`

Every time I plant a garden I always buy more seeds than I need. I heard that if you put your leftover seeds in a jar and put the jar in the deep freezer they will be good to use for the next Springs planting. I have leftover green beans, cucumber, and peas. Is this a true way of keeping seeds good? What about tomato seeds too? Thanks for your opinions.
dave, to answer your question,you can save seed for about a year in just an airtight jar.the key is no moisture.any longer than a year you would need to freeze.i have heard of people saving seed for several years in the freezer and the seeds be fine,tomatoes included.hope this helps.

I don't freeze them, I just keep the jar in the refrigerator. I've used seeds for 3-4 years that way.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

A ziploc or jar in the freezer is all you need. At my place, two shelves on the freezers door are just for ziploc bags full of seeds. I typically use seeds for 4-5 years out of a packet, and tomatoes last longer. You are talking about large seeds only, and they will last even longer than tomatoes. Basically forever.

my impression is that beans, peas, and tomato seeds take years to deteriorate stored indoors.
you could search for info... borrowing a dessicant pack from vitamin bottle might be good for your freezer storage plan.