Stop a Castor from seeding?

I have a very nice Castor bean plant growing in my backyard. the trunk is

7-8 inches in diameter. As with all Castors it develops the seed pods, which I normally cut off before they have a chance to dry and open. It occurred to me that I have heard that there may be a way to stop some plants from fruiting or going to seed somehow( some sort of hormone?) Can this be dome with a Castor bean plant?

Thanks Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

Why not just pinch off the flowers?

Reply to
Darren Garrison

I do, the issue being that many of the flowers are beyond my reach without some very complicated balancing on top of a ladder with an extended cutting tool.

Reply to
Brandon

Oh, I see. In that case, maybe one of these solutions will work for you.

Darren Garrison

Nitrogen.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Ok, that is a start, in what quantities? Thanks

Reply to
Brandon

Castorate it. zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

THAT was funny !

Reply to
Brandon

Not much. A handful of the cheapest brand of lawn food you can find, every three months or as needed, should work.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Thats it? Thanks Brandon

Reply to