Stinky

Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky", contact the Huntington. Stinky is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which blooms only every few years. Smell is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. They're waiting for bloom opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit all the media. So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word comes that it's opened.
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:25:13 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

Titan arum?
http://mgonline.com/media/Images/s/stinky01.jpg
Boron

Yup, I got several Amorphophallus konjacs this spring. 2 of them are 4+ pounders!

Check ebay for Amorphophallus Titium

Yep. They have name on sign at site.
The "phallus" part is self-evident <snicker>
I rushed out first day the Huntington sent an email alert, but didn't get full effect. Not much smell, for one thing, and it wasn't wide open. Staff said it had opened late previous night and early next morning, briefly, but when I got there it was only partially open. Still, a fascinating experience. Crowds were good-natured, letting people take pix in turn.
They were selling "Stinky" plants in front of the bookstore for $250 a pop. You could have your very own "Stinky" garden party in due course, complete with smell.
Will I make it to the next time? Stay tuned <g>
Persephone
In article
AMORphoPHALLUS TITIum
Ah, brings back memories. Should be just like riding a bike, only completely different.
You love her But she loves him And he loves somebody else You just can't win And so it goes Till the day you die This thing they call love It's gonna make you cry I've had the blues The reds and the pinks One thing for sure
(Love stinks) Love stinks yeah yeah (Love stinks) Love stinks yeah yeah (Love stinks) Love stinks yeah yeah (Love stinks) Love stinks yeah yeah
--

- Billy

In article

Radar Love 2:48 Bachman Turner Overdrive
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives