Stinkhorns!!!!!

It's been a wet summer. (Understatement.)
We have a thick layer of wood chip mulch on parts of our new property which we haven't gotten around to landscaping (translation: cannot begin to afford to landscape yet.)
It's come up in stinkhorn mushrooms which have to be the single grossest thing that can grow in your garden.
They look exactly like penises. It's surreal to have a patch of them greet you first thing in the morning. Even worse, they deserve their name as they really do stink. The stench wafts over my flower bed, wiping out the odor of my lovely new rose which has finally gotten it together to bloom.
I've tried raking the mulch with a metal rake and getting rid of everything I can get at, but it isn't helping.
How can I get rid of these nasty intruders?
-- Jenny
Are you asking how to get rid of penises or stinkhorns?
The best way of getting rid of fungus is by using fungicide.
The best way of scaring off penises is by saying you want a commitment!!!

g'day jenny,
unless you want to add chemicals into your garden let them be, they are only there because you ahve a healthy system with lots of organic matter which they are assisting in breaking down, in due course they won't always be there.
yeh when i first saw them i thought the missus was dissatisfied and was growing her own. lol only jokin only joking. lol oh and there is another fungus that looks similar to the female counterpart if i may out it that way.
len
snipped
--
happy gardening
<< there is another fungus that looks similar to the female counterpart if i may out it that way. >>

A spritz of pure white vinegar will melt them in short order.
Dave

<< We have a thick layer of wood chip mulch on parts of our new property which

This is weird. I've had a few mushrooms come up under the same conditions, but they don/t stink. They do attract flies though. Maybe I've just gotten to them by the time they're almost dead/collapsed, therefore stinkless.
Leslie New Orleans zemedelec