Stay away from TruGreen/ ChemLawn

My experiences with Trugreen\Chemlawn Company. I have decided to publish my letter on the Internet, because all other options failed to produce any results (I made numerous calls to local and Corporate offces and sent letters to Corporate Headquarters).

Pictures of my lawn after I used TruGreen Service:

"Dear Customer Service Manager:

I signed up with the TruGreen - Chemlawn Company in 1999 for the first time, I used your service for a year, and followed all recommendations. During this time there were many occasions when I had to call you back, because the treatment was performed poorly or the technician forget to spray the back yard. After one year I didn't see any improvements, then I decided to cancel services with your company and start doing them by myself. In 2002, a Sales representative named Kevin called me and asked if service should commence, he promised me it would be different than the last time. He was begging me to come back. He said "If you're not satisfied, you do not pay". Kevin said if there were any problems call him, I was scheduled for a lawn treatment. The first service was done very poorly, the front yard was sprayed un-evenly, I checked the back yard and it hadn't been done at all. I called them the next day to see what was going on. I talked to Kevin, he apologized and couldn't explain why they didn't treat the back yard, but he promised that I had received the complete normal service again. When a technician came back he sprayed the backyard only, and didn't spray the front yard at all, which was done poorly last time. So I called again and spoke with customer service. They were rude and had no interest in correcting the problems. They said "We are not painters, we don't have to paint your yard", I asked Kevin to call me. He called me back and promised a rapid service call. He kept his promise and a technician performed the service again. So the fist treatment they completed in three steps. Then there was more treatment when I called again to schedule a rapid service call, because it was done poorly. In March I found out my sales representative was no longer working for TruGreen - Chemlawn, this meant the person that got everything done for me was gone. My last service was done in May, before this, I spoke with a supervisor at TruGreen - Chemlawn and he said if I don't see changes, he will come and do an analysis on my yard. I was out of the country for 3 week in June, when I came back I didn't see positive changes, my back yard looked worse than before. In July I received a call from TruGreen - Chemlawn about payment. I asked the supervisor to call me back, but that never happened, Later I received call about payment again and I said "I will pay when a supervisor comes to see my yard", that never happened either. In August I called again and spoke with customer service, they transferred me to supervisor Larry. After telling my story he insured me something will be done about my lawn and he would call me back. I never received a call from him, but I received a call about my bill again. I had to go through the whole process of contacting customer service again, until I got hold of the friendly supervisor Larry. He said he remembered our conversation a couple weeks ago, but he was unable to see my yard, he ensured me that this will be done by a lead technician. I promised to give the technician a check, if he found my yard in good condition. After waiting 2 weeks I received a collection notice from TruGreen - Chemlawn. I decided to not even bother with the TruGreen local office any more. I called the corporate office and spoke with Michael, a customer service representative. He was very nice and polite, he sad he will contact the local office and find out what was going on. He gave me a call back and said "This is a long issue, my account closed and I don't owe TruGreen - Chemlawn anything," I asked to be sent a letter that stated the same. I didn't receive any letter that I asked for but on 09/20/03 I received a collection notice again. I am writing this letter not only to complain, but to ask the people at the TruGreen- Chemlawn Company to please step up and do something about your poor service. I can assure you that I am not exaggerating anything and that the situation is actually far worse than this. At any rate, I said adios and will never use them again. I will never recommend anybody to become a customer of TruGreen - Chemlawn Company, ever. Charging money to make my yard look like the attached picture is ridiculous. I hope that someone actually reads my letter and does something about it."

Reply to
Igor

Now, Igor. Is THAt any way to feel about a company that states it's objectives so nicely?

The ServiceMaster philosophy is expressed in four objectives.

To honor God in all we do We believe that every person - regardless of personal beliefs or differences - has been created in the image and likeness of God. We seek to recognize the dignity, worth and potential of each individual and believe that everyone has intrinsic worth and value. This objective challenges us to have commitment to truth and to deliver what we promise. It provides the basis for our belief in servant leadership. It is not an expression of a particular religious belief, or a basis for exclusion. Rather, it is a mandate for inclusion, and a constant reminder for us to do the right thing in the right way.

I dunno how the way your lawn looks now 'honors God' but then again, I dunno what Gawd's got to do with spraying chemicals all over a monocultural lawn. Hell, call it a failure on my part to grok chemicals and Nature!

Still and all, that website gives you every contact, for every division of this God fearing outfit. Should not be too hard to get their explanation as to why you feel that their commitment to truth and doing the right thing, the right way, somehow passed right by you. Then again, maybe it won't.

Reply to
enoughluncheonmeat!