startup club

I am starting a garden club in North County (San Diego area) and would like some ideas to help get me started. Aside from visiting some local clubs, do you have any suggestions for field trips/lectures/related activities some "girlfriends" can do to share their common interest and get some education and have some fun? (The club is affiliated with a group called "girlfriends" so it's a venue for women to socialize as well).
Thanks!
On 14 Feb 2006 22:09:06 -0800, "M.E."

Lots of nurseries in your area. Quail Botanical Garden is nice.
Check at a library for a copy of "Pacific Horticulture." They have lists of activities taking place. That might be a good start until you find out what the group's interests is.

Being a gardener, I cannot imagine even having time for a club during the garden season. Your mileage may vary.
On 14 Feb 2006 22:09:06 -0800, "M.E."

Check out this site:
http://www.californiagardenclubs.org /