Starting seedlings

Hello! Just wondering, I will be starting off my tray of peppers' and tomatoes shortly; I would like to know... What causes them to become long and stringy? This has happened to me two years in a row, never did I have this problem before. Any suggestions????????? Thank you! Deb.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/

There may be more causes, but the biggest one I've seen is that they need more light.
steve