Starting plants indoor

I want to start plants from seeds in my bedroom this winter and I want to get a gro-lite system for this purpose.
Can anyone recommend any that are not too large or too expensive, but still do a good job?
Thanks,
Don
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:25:44 -0400, "freckles"

Not pretty, but two 4-foot tubes (GroLux or Aquarium), utility fixture with large reflector and timer should be around $60. A bedroom might not be a good location as 18 hours of artificial light per day is often recommended.