Stargazer Lily question

I have a few Stargazer Lilies around my house. I purchased a pot of them a couple of years back, and they have multiplied to a certain degree, but not much.

However, a few years back, I was given an absolutely gorgeous and very vivid hybrid Stargazer, which I would like to have more of.

It is a bright hot pink color.

Do any of you have a favorite supplier of these bulbs in the Sacramento region, or an on-line supplier that you find to be reliable, with quality bulbs?

Myrl Jeffcoat

Reply to
Myrl

I have dozens of Stargazer Lilies like the ones pictured on this page of my web site,

got some of them at Wal*Mart for less than a dollar a bulb. I checked this year and they are still selling a 3 pack of Stargazer Lilies for $2.92. They do just as good in my garden as the ones that I bought from mail order garden catalogs for twice as much.

Reply to
Bill R

I'll need to check the next time I'm there.

Here's a couple pictures taken of my Stargazers. These are the ones I talked about that are hybrids. They came from the greenhouse area of Home Depot, not outside in the nursery area. I'd love to have more of these:

Jeffcoat

Reply to
Myrl

You may like this lily better as it's truly in the pink family. Stargazer is actually still in what's considered to be the reds. Do a search:

Pink Sorbonne Oriental Lily

Reply to
Jangchub

I checked out Google images of this particular variety. I actually think they may be what I thought were my "lighter" or "paler" Stargazers.

Myrl Jeffcoat

Reply to
Myrl

Well, hot pink is not Stargazer so that's why I made this suggestion. Actually, Sorbonne flowers are larger, better and have more per stem than Stargazers.

Reply to
Jangchub

Thanks for "enlightening" me. . .;-)

Reply to