Stange "dust"

Can someone please tell me what may be leaving/making a strange white "dust" in a shaded portion of my yard. I just moved back to the U.S. from overseas, and have never seen anything like this before. I just moved to Maryland and have noticed that there is an area in my yard that looks as if someone has "dusted" the grass with some sort of powder. It is white in color and scatters like dust when I shift it with my boots.
Thanks in advance, Hawkeye

Powdery Mildew. See: http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/Pests/Diseases/turfdise.htm sed5555
Thanks for the link.This is EXACTLY what I have in that part of the yard!
Hawkeye

"dust"
There is a strange white dust all over my yard this morning. It has been identified as snow.

"dust"
overseas,
and
Hehehe! Seriously, that is a good one! Hope it wasn't TOO deep as to be much of a danger!
Hawkeye

has