Staking up trees

I bought 4 Jacaranda trees in 24 inch boxes and these were skinny trees about 12 to 14 feet tall, so I stake them on 3 sides with 8 foot stakes and pounded them in the ground so they were 6 feet about the ground now. I have a tree that is 8 foot about the stakes in a windy area so I put 5 foot extensions on all 3 of the poles (not the center pole) on then so I have 11 feet poles that I tied the trees to at about a 9 or 10 foot height. I say job well done. Now I have Sissoo trees that I have the same problem with because these tress are brittle and I need something like this. However I did not change the center pole because the tree need movement. Now with my sissoo tree I'm going to leave the center poles alone and extend the two stakes 5 foot so I can tie them at the 10 foot level. Now the trees are tight from the ground up for 6 feet and after that they have 3 or 4 inches of movement. Did I miss anything?
Richard
Richard Miller wrote:

Generally it is a bad idea to stake trees but if you must, do it for only a short time.

USDA Zone 8