Stain on grass?

I spilt deck stain on the grass, about 2 by 2 square. Leave it , cut the sod out?

How would you repair this?

Reply to
CathyLee

How much stain? If you dumped a pail remove the sod and the soil until you don't see or smell the stain and replace.

Reply to
bamboo

If it was oil based stain, then I would probably cut out the turf and remove any contaminated soil immediately. If it was water based stain, I would watch the area. If it recovers, you don't have to do anything. If not, then remove the sod and contaminated soil. Add new soil and re-seed.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Leave it and watch... chances are the grass will handle it just fine. If the grass should die completely, remove the sod from the area, and patch.

Kay

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

CathyLee, It depends on how much you spilt. If you didn't spill too much it will probably be fine to leave it there. It will eventually biodegrade and evaporate, microorganisms can most likely adapt to eating it. If the grass all dies you might want to replace the soil. The soil you remove can be piled somewhere and will probably eventually be usable again in a few years.

Reply to
JamesG