Squash and Cantaloupe leaf problem?

I recently bought some yellow squash and some cantaloupe plants at Home Depot. They were healthy looking plants and each had several large, green leaves on them. It has been several weeks since I have planted them in the garden and the new leaves that have emerged since then have all been small and wrinkled, while the old leaves still look okay. I also have an acorn squash plant that I started from seed and its first true leaf looks small and wrinkled as well.

This is the first time I've attempted to grow these plants so I'm at a loss here. Can anyone clue me in to what the problem could be?

Reply to
Landrey

You may have brought home a spider mite problem. Spray them with a mix consisting of one or two teaspoons of liquid dish washing soap in a quart of water. Get both sides of the leaves. See if that will help.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne