Square Foot Gardens

Hi,
Just wondered how many actually utilize a SFG? Thanks

I used to have what you might call a square foot garden back when I had limited space and didn't want to dig up my meager yard with a bunch of dirt rows. I had a series of 2 ft x 2 ft squares, raised bed with wood borders and wide grassy areas in-between. Grew some spices, tomatoes, and peppers... called it my salsa garden. I've seen some people do similar with paving bricks in the walkways. I prefer grass.
Now I own and live in a big commercial building with no yard but a big flat roof, so I've turned to hydroponics and potted plants. Tomatoes and peppers do great with hydroponics. Most of the spices are better in pots.
Later,
Thad

I have been doing it for a number of years now. Works great.
I'm sure this method has been used for a long time.. I read a book on this when i was in high school.. I'm in my 30's now & in VA.. I find that it works very well in certain applications.. Certain plants work well together and some don't.. Some plants I prefer to give them a "lil'' more space...
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net Wrote:

Been doing the SFG thing for twenty years with 14 x 4 foot boxes Minimun effort and maximum results. Highly recommende
-- civis
civis Wrote:

than a square foot) a herb section at the side of my lawn.
Result!
The neighbour's dog, who used to dig holes in my lawn found my chive much easier to dig out
Bummer
-- ESGie
Hang on, this is a little 'un-PC'.
Shouldn't it be a square 30cms