Sprinkler control fuse

My sprinkler control's fuse blows everytime I turn on the sprinkler. I have a Hunter SRC Residential controller. The manual says I should check the valve wiring or look for a shortened solenoid. I am not able to find if there is a short circuit. Any advice is welcome. Thanks
..solo

I wouldn't know a sprinkler system controller if I tripped over it, but I have seen my share of toasted solenoids.
If a solenoid had a short it may overheat - in doing so resulting in discoloration (a darkening) and very acrid smell. Do you feel competent to disconnect the solenoid? (Power off first of course) That may help to isolate the source of the short.

I would disconnect all the wires to the valves and run the timer. If the fuse blows, then you have a problem with the controller. If not, I would start connecting the valves, one at a time and run the system to narrow the problem.