Spring is coming

Hives of bees are in the orchards The early almond trees are in bloom.

Red-shouldered hawks are calling loudly Their nests will be ready soon.

Bees fly in holding patterns at the golden daffodils They take their sip and away they zoom!

That's what Spring is doing here in Northern California. I hope she will soon be visiting YOUR area, too. We also got a little bit of rain. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

She is here. The red-tailed hawk returned to its nest yesterday and started to rebuild the nest they used last year to raise a single chick. The daffodils are now 6" high. From 10 degree cold snap last Wednesday to 65 degrees today and I still see a small patch of snow on the ground. Time to sharpen the mower blades. It rained this morning for a short while, now full sun--that's east TN.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'm worried that a very fickle Spring is going to pop in for a brief visit, get all the plants excited enough to bud, then disappear in the wake of a terrible freeze. It is much too warm for this time of year here, and warmer in the coming week.

70's are expected.

Stay asleep little plants....

Toni Hills of Kentucky USDA Zone 6b

Buderschnookie