Spring has sprung...

Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64 tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung. I even broke out the rototiller yesterday and worked up the ground in 2 small plots. Its T-shirt weather in Albuquerque!
Lets see, time to get the peas in the ground fast and................. Snow, we don't got no steeeeenkin snow.......
<jsdebooATcomcast.net> says...

Well, Spring is a fond hope here in Spokane WA, but I went out to the garden yesterday and the spinach I seeded late last fall is coming up. In 30-35 degree weather! I went out this morning and put on the bird netting (they're already fenced for rabbits) to hold down the feasting.
1 week till initial thinning, 2 more to baby leaves, and full plants before the end of March. If it all doesn't freeze :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Grandpa <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote:

70 in central Texas. I mowed the lawn. Really. Not much grass but a lot of weeds. Then I did some pruning.
It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. I'll continue my outdoor work.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

It's not nice to gloat grandpa! "Spring has sprung, Fall has fell, Winter's here, and its colder'n last year."

"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

Won't be spring here for awhile. Here in Nebraska we still have 2 ft of snow on the ground, and with temps remaining at freezing, we'll be lucky if all this snow is melted by June.
I still prefer the snow and ice over the crowds and road-raged drivers in southern California...
Brigitte

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:07:55 -0700, Grandpa <jsdebooATcomcast.net> opined:

Well, in my area where snow is a miracle, we got two inches over the weekend. Of course it was melted by 10am the next day and this, a few days later and it is 75 degrees. So, while spring is certain around mid-March, that's still several weeks away. I won't be taking down my greenhouse till end of March...or so.
it got up to 45oF here in Milwaukee and I already had a spring attack on monday. saw a couple robins but couldnt con them into singing... spring isnt here yet. Ingrid
Is this normal? Our miniature iris' are in full bloom, and I see several bulbs starting to come up. We are in TN.

I live in northern AR and have several bright patches of miniature iris (Purple Gem)blooming now. It has to be normal because this is the third year in a row in which they bloomed around the twentieth of February, and this is the third year since I planted them. The only other explanation I can think of is that miniature iris in AR and TN aren't normal! :)
John.
you got that right.............................................madgardener who doesn't have one normal plant in her fairy gardens...............

year
is
think

Yes, but...... The people who know you are well aware that nothing is your garden could be "normal." It wouldn't be growing there if it was. :)
John