Spring flowers in Italy

Hi. Does any out there have an idea what type of flowers would typically be in bloom in Italy in April?
We're producing a community theater version of a play that features an castle in northern Italy in the spring. There is much dialogue about an offstage garden being in bloom, and characters walk on carrying flowers several times. We'd like to be as accurate as reasonably possible but, so far, haven't been able to ascertain what flower varieties would be seasonal at that time.
If any of you know, either from your travels or another reliable source, please chime in. Time is running out and we need to get some things ordered. Thank you for any assistance.

Not to be too anal retentive about it, but a lot would depend upon time period and the wealth of the garden's owner. What are those?
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
The time period is 1922 and the owner appears to be relatively affluent, though probably not filthy rich. Thanks.
JK

Olives, and about a thousand other plants! Do a search on Italian Gardens or find one of their botanical garden sites.

Well, I was in Rome for Easter and there were hanging clusters of purple flowers on vines everywhere. Common name, too, but I'll be darned if I can think of it right now. If someone knows, please fill in the blank. I will remember when I hear it.

Wisteria! Ha. I knew I'd remember it eventually. And they were gorgeous, too.
Giselle
McJ wrote:

The Isabella Stuart Garner Museum in Boston is an Italian Palace. It has 6 floral arrangements during the year. One of these has nasturtiums trailing from the balconies around the courtyard. Nastertiums are easy to grow and produce brilliant orange flowers on bright green folliage. If you look at the pix on http://www.gardnermuseum.org you'll be able to see a small shot of the display.
in the north in april, roses would be king. in the fields, buttercups.
In May I saw many poppies growing in the wheat fields from the train window in Italy. On wealthy estates there could be camellias and azaleas blooming in March and April. Ranunculus (Persian buttercups), brilliant colored anemones, and some other bulbs would probably also still be blooming in April. I think you could pretty much take the garden flowers grown in Northern and Central California and find the same in Italian gardens, because the climates are so similar.