spraying indoor plants...

Hello, I was woundering if I had a good habit or a bad habit. I spray lightly my plants with room temperature water a few times per day, when I pass in front of them. Is that good or bad? I do that in order to build up the humidity level of my appartement.
thanks for your answer
Alexis
- Tallahassee, FL - Only where people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

If you start to see moss on the pots you are probably spraying too much. If the carpet starts to turn green, ditto.
On 10 Feb 2004 07:36:03 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Alexis Demers-Marcil) wrote:

Some plants enjoy the extra humidity, others do not.
Many houseplants benefit from misting, especially in the dry indoor conditions of most houses in the winter. Rosemary, for instance, is difficult to keep happy unless there is humidity in the air around it.
I say keep on misting!
Some plants that DO NOT like water on their leaves are: Geraniums African violets
Beth

On 10 Feb 2004 07:36:03 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Alexis Demers-Marcil) wrote:

A few times a day??. Have you considered getting a humidifier and doing volunteer work?
zhan
In the winter, I put my Trop's all over the bathroom once a month, shut the door and turn the shower on HOT for about 5 min..They perk up to completely different plants after about an hour in there, which perks ME up which makes life more bearable for the rest of the folks here..I hate Feb. in Richmond................
.