Spray liquid dethatcher ...then fertilize?

I have large areas in my lawn that need dethatching. On a recommendation of a friend I purchased a Liquid Composter & Dethatcher which is an enzyme you spray on that produces a bacteria that is supposed to accelerate the natural decomposition of lawn thatch.
It is also time to spread the crabgrass preventer and fertilizer. Keeping in mind I'm having the lawn aerated soon, please let me know your opinion:
Aerate Spray dethatcher Wait a week Fertilize
or
Aerate Fertilize Wait a week Spray dethatcher
Thanks to all.
-ba

Have you really got excessive thatch? If so, knock off the high N fertilizer. http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/DG1123.html
What I've seen of the "biological dethatchers" has been pretty inconsistent results; mechanical dethatching is my choice.
Don't bother with crabgrass pre-emergent herbicides if the soil temp is over 60o. http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/stateline/010322.html
Kay Lancaster snipped-for-privacy@fern.com
Kay, Thanks for your response.
No it's not extensive and I don't think it's deep. I'd say that about 20% of my lawn has brown/gray dead grass laying down.

Are you saying the grass is dead in about 20% of the lawn? If so, the first thing I'd do is pull cores from those areas and see if you can see what might be happening. Unless you've got a *really* bad thatch problem in those areas, it's not likely that thatch is the issue.
http://muextension.missouri.edu/explore/agguides/hort/g06708.htm http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/tips/2003/thatch514.htm
Kay
Hi Bill,
I used a dethatching tool that has a series of moon-shaped blades on it. It worked really well in removing thatch, and it was a workout to complete a half acre. The cause of the thatch was drought conditions that killed a lot of grass. Grubs can kill grass too. Apply the fertilizer at half rate, unless it is an organic type. Thatch buildup can be more of a problem in areas that are not full sun. It would be helpful to find out the cause of thatch and soil compaction, then remove the cause.