Spray'g apple tree blooms

My apple trees are just starting to blossom here in eastern Massachusetts. Generally they produce much fruit, but mostly infected with worms.
What pesticide might I apply to eliminate the worms and have some apples I can eat for a change?
Ciao, Ack.
--
# SLMR 2.1a # Enjoy a Happy Holiday of your choice.
* Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)
On 8 May 2005 10:52:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fmlynet.org wrote:
:) What pesticide might I apply to eliminate the worms :) and have some apples I can eat for a change? The two most likely choices you will see will malathion and permethrin. Probably will have beter results, less spraying with malathion.
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
Dancing dog is back! http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv
You missed an opportunity to kill some of the insect eggs by smothering them with dormant oil earlier in the year. After petal drop, I would start with a general orchard spray containing both a pesticide and a fungicide. That saves you doing separate sprays for both problems. If the general orchard spray doesn't work, you can roll out the big guns and go for specific pests like coddling moths, etc. For some of these insects, traps can be hung from the trees to help control them. In many cases, its not the strength of the chemical, but how often you spray. If you let several weeks go without spraying, you may be opening a window of opportunity for some nasty bugs. It would help to know exactly which kind of bug is giving you a problem.
Sherwin D.