Spots on Tomatos

As my tomatos ripen, small yellow spots form on the skin, when the tomato is cut, there are white spots in the flesh. I supose it is too late to do anything about it, but what has happened? The cherry tomatos are fine.

Dave

DavesVideo

The problem is often caused by heat stress and uneven moisture while the tomato is getting ripe. As long as the leaves of the plant look good, I wouldn't worry about it. If you see the leaves turing yellow (sometimes with black spots) it is an indication of tomato blight and that is something to worry about.

Reply to
Bill R

Could be stink bug feeding:

a worry, if limited/occasional. Otherwise, you need to control the stink bugs. Nymphs can be controlled with insecticidal soap; adults are much harder to kill.

IPM page for stink bugs on tomatoes:

Pat Kiewicz

Not a worry, if limited/occasional. Otherwise, you need to control the stink bugs.>>

That's it all right, looks just like the pictures. I have a great many tomatos and just about everyone has the marks. Never had that problem before and afraid it may be too late. They all seem to have it.

Dave

DavesVideo