splitting shasta daisies

So here it is fall and I have been transplanting plants here and there. I have a nice clump of Shasta daisies that I would like to divide and plant elsewhere. Can this be done? Or more importantly, is it very successful? Thanks for any information!
-Jessi
--------------74D52A29CD3D6C1855FA8A2A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Hi Jessica - you don't say what zone you are in - I am in zone 5-6 and I have success splitting and moving shastas in the spring. They are very hardy - so you may get by with a Fall transfer depending on when your frost arives. Randy
Jessica wrote:

-- snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net
--------------74D52A29CD3D6C1855FA8A2A Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------74D52A29CD3D6C1855FA8A2A--
I live in the pacific northwest where winter is pretty mellow. I'm somewhere between zones 7/8 and expect frost sometime in late October at the least.
I may wait until spring before dividing the Shasta daisies, but I'm impatient to get most of my 'rearranging' done now.
Anyway folks, thanks for the advise!