Spiraea Japonica Anthony Waterer

Does anyone have any experience of the above plant?

I am trying to find out it's final height.

The label says 75cm (30 in), in which case I have the perfect place. Whilst looking up on the internet I found a website which said it would grow 90cm x 90cm max.

Looking further I have now found references to it's overall size being

1.5m x 1.5m, in which case I have another perfect spot for it!

So the question is can anyone suggest to me what its final size could be (I live in the Highlands, Scotland- but our 'micro climate' is actually quite pleasant, not too cold or wet) so I know which of my two spots would be best to plant it in.

Thankyou.

Reply to
billdoor

hello

Just by doing some search on the web, i have concluded that Spiraea japonica 'Goldflame' can grow at most until H100cm x W80cm. And it needs some cutback in March (it's the case in japan.) until H30cm x W75cm. They are pretty strong, so you can use grasscutter for it. i've never had it in my garden, but this is what ive got on the web. Well, good luck in your Asian-native plant.

Ono from japan

Reply to
Ono

Thank you for your replies.