Spinosad

Hi Everybody,

Spinsad... What do you think?

A Google search just finds manufacturer propaganda and dense chemical data.

This seems to be "organic" since it comes from soil bacteria. Although it apparently is NOT the same thing as BT. Warns that resistance can occur is more than 4 applications in a season.

Targets are caterpillars who wanna eat veggies, especially broccoli and family (similar to the targets for BT.) Toxic to bees while wet.

It originates from Dow AgroSciences, which makes me suspicious right there.

Whatcha think?

Reply to
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

I used it this year in the continuing War of the Thrips. I alternated it with Neem early in the season,and for the first time in the last three years I had a bountiful tomato crop. Using Neem alone last year wasn't as effective.

In the end, the Thrips's Weapon of Mass Destruction, Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus took most of the plants, but not before I got some DamnFine tomatoes.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

It is expensive and as far as I can tell, does nothing. It did nothing for any of the insects the label claims to kill. Sounds like a great idea, I just have not had any luck with it at all.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372