Spiders on my bushes

We have been spraying our bushes and with no avail, we still find fine webs. Our concern is will our bushes become diseased?
Thanks. Claire
Claire wrote:

As a spider dies it will release webbing, slowly repelling down while dieing. If you only have webbing and no spiders that might be what you are seeing. Spiders will have no effect on bushes anyways other than possibly making them untidy with their webbing, which you seem to have anyways while killing them.
Lar

rappelling
down while

dying
If you only have webbing and no spiders that might be what you

anyway
other than

anyway
while killing them.

Persephone expounded:

How net-grammarian of you. I'm sure we're all impressed.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Don't kill the spiders on your bushes, they're probably the only thing keeping the insects down from the bushes. Spiders aren't much affected by insecticide anyway. Spiders aren't herbivores and they don't like plants. Outdoor spiders won't come inside, and if they do the inside spiders will get them if they don't dehydrate and die first.
I used to hate them with a passion, having gone into hand to hand combat with them last winter in the basement I have since learned once they are gone the REAL pests move in. Starve them out and they go on their own.
Eigenvector wrote:

Spiders problems found inside are usually from high populations outside around the structure and unfortunately treating the exterior is what is done to reduce the numbers.
Lar

Well the best fix for something like that is to pull the bushes and shrubs away from the foundation. Plants shouldn't be close to the house anyway, if only for this very reason, but also because it can compromise the siding, promote decay of the siding, and possibly compromise the foundation itself.

To all!
Thanks so much for your help. I speak of my husband when in fact am recently widowed (well two years ago). My brothers check in on me and make sure I'm okay. With much concern and trying to sell the house, I wanted it to be sellable. That was my concern for the bushes. I appreciate your information. Claire.
m44 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Yeah, I used the sewing pin as a lance, and charged the spider, fighting over the bread crumb.
(Extra points for recognising that...)
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

The only spiders I will go to battle with are the hobo spiders. We get a lot of those this time of year. I wish there was some way to trap them without getting the giant house spiders, but they look similar and have the same habits, and will get caught in the same traps. But in the garden, I welcome the spiders - and they are *everywhere*. I just wish they would eat all of the cucumber beetles we have all over the place :(

You are in luck. I know of no case where Spiders spread disease as they have nothing to do with the bush or plant itself other than to use it for shelter and a hunting ground. They are all carnivores. What do they eat? The bugs that eat your plants. Be nice to the spiders and you will have far less bugs eating your plants.
David

"If you want to live and thrive, Let the spiders run alive".

Read the product label, then describe what damage insect eating spiders are doing to your bushes.
Pesticide misuse or a trollk IMO

I do appreciate all your comments. Thanks so much. Claire.