Spider plants way out in the woods

I went to a party at a decidedly rural location in Mississippi, about an hour's drive from NO. The hostess lived in a hundred-plus year old house that used to be the local post office, quite a way down a lonesome highway near the Pearl River. Six acres that were alive with red and golden-yellow lycoria radiata--in these parts they're almost a weed. Gorgeous, though--she said she once even had some beige ones. An odd cross? Anyway she also harbored (and fiercely protected) golden orb spiders--we were warned where NOT to go so as not to disturb their webs. Well, she was our hostess and they were "her" spiders, I thought tolerantly--then thought again when I got a close look at one of the nearer spinners: its yellow body was the size of a 50-cent piece and its legspread must have been 3 inches. Yeoooow! Another invitee mentioned that the golder orb was "the least venimous spider of its size in Louisiana." zemedelec
you didn't dig up some of them red ones for you and me??? <g> there's a YELLOW lycoris????? don't torture me girl, bad enough I still ain't located the old Milk and Wine Crinum yet........and they grow down there like weeds too. They acclimate up here wonderfully...........madgardener

hour's
used to

Pearl
she