Spider Plant - desperate for help

I recently repotted my spider plant because I think it had root rot.

The roots looked good - but I think the pot was too big. The leav continued to shrivel and turn brown and soggy. Thus - I pulled th root out and replanted it in a much smaller and drier pot with fres soild and a dash of miracle grow. Below is a picture of the firs repotting, the roots of the surviving plant and the new pot. What d you guys think based on how the roots look? Does it have a chance? Thanks for all the help

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: IMG_0251.JPG |Download:
Ronky

I read that they don't like water containing chlorine. Let the water sit for 24 hours before using it. Also let the soil dry before watering - don't overwater. Be careful with fertilizers. Use 1/2 as much twice as often. Keep them out of the full summer sun. They do better in dappled shade.

Reply to
Classon

Spiders are pretty resilient. They don't like allot of water, and will drown if you keep them too wet.

I would say now, just put it in a nicely lighted place and let it rest a bit. Let it dry out a little and water it sparingly. It will take awhile before it starts to recover.

: > I recently repotted my spider plant because I think it had root rot. : > The roots looked good - but I think the pot was too big. The leave : > continued to shrivel and turn brown and soggy. Thus - I pulled the : > root out and replanted it in a much smaller and drier pot with fresh : > soild and a dash of miracle grow. Below is a picture of the first : > repotting, the roots of the surviving plant and the new pot. What do : > you guys think based on how the roots look? Does it have a chance? : > Thanks for all the help. : : I read that they don't like water containing chlorine. Let the water sit : for 24 hours before using it. Also let the soil dry before watering - don't : overwater. Be careful with fertilizers. Use 1/2 as much twice as often. : Keep them out of the full summer sun. They do better in dappled shade. :

Reply to
SVTKate

Its rot from too much water and not enough roots to absorb it o

evaporate ->

ehkahk

Reply to
ehkahk