Sparrows!

Love the little things and would not do a thing to harm them in any way. But all of a sudden they have taken a fancy to dead-heading the primroses. Only the yellow flowers are affected and the poor birds are no longer "our sparrows" but "YOUR sparrows". First, has any gardener come across this sparrow thing in their garden? Second, do other gardener's have this problem where ownership of something is abruptly transferred to them, however innocous, by their better halves?
Regards Mike Gilmore WinsfordWalledGarden, SW England, USDA Zone9a
I have always had this problem and as you say only with the P.vulgaris. They were not eating the petals but just amusing themselves. Sadly, now that we have resident Buzzards, we have primroses but no sparrows or other birds. Best Wishes Brian Cornwall
message