Source for reverse-threaded (non-bulkhead) PVC fittings for greenhouse?

Does anyone know where I can get standard-size, but reverse threaded PVC fittings (1/2", 3/4", and 1" size)? I'm adapting a PVC greenhouse design, and would need to be able to rotate a series of PVC pipes that cross the structure and have that motion tighten them on both ends at the same time- so one end would be standard thread, the other end would have to be reverse thread.

The alternative is to just glue them all, but then my temporary greenhouse becomes a permanet greenhouse...

I checked online, but so far the only reverse-threaded PVC I've been able to find is bulkhead fittings, which isn't really what I need.

Thank you for any suggestions or possible sources, Keith

Reply to
ker_01

Bill

Bill wrote in news:b2forewagner- snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Bill- thank you for your quick reply. Prior to posting here, I did extensive google searching, including the terms you suggested, but did not come up with any useful hits. That's why I was posting, in the hope that others might have a more specific suggestions as to manufacturers or stores where they had seen reverse threaded PVC fittings in the past (if any actually exist, other than bulkhead fittings). I apologize, as I should have included in my original post that I had done the courtesy of searching prior to posting.

I've also cleaned up the search results of this and similar searches by removing other related search terms- for example, "-osmosis" because of the large number of sites that have the search terms "PVC" and "reverse osmosis" in the results, but still no luck in the results. I also found a number of PVC compression fittings but those also don't meet my needs.

I welcome any clarification, in case there was a specific google hit that you saw and I missed.

Thank you, Keith

Reply to
ker_01

Sounds like what you want is left hand pipe thread... you can buy LH NPT taps and dies and do your own threading. There are also systems that use cast metal fittings to erect structures of pvc and other piping... the fittings use allen set screws:

Sheldon

... What about going to flexible plastic and clamp fittings instead? No glue, still temporary if that's desired.

--

Reply to
dpb

Well you could use unions, (expensive) or just pin the slip connections with 1/4" bolts and wingnuts.

Steve Barker TB

You can always slip fit one joint with a long connector. No glue. If it is in compression - it will not come apart. I do this for my spring hoop house. It works pretty well.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Houseman

If you are going to pin the slip joints I'd use self tapping screws instead of bolts. Pre-drill, or use self drilling screws.

Reply to
PeterD

Perhaps you can use turnbuckles and wire as used on boats. Thread it down the inside of some pipe if you want ti covered..

Cwatters

I use screws thorugh the fitting if I want to be able to take it apart later and it does not have to carry water under pressure.

Reply to
jamesgangnc