SOS with Sand stone flag stones

I have these awful sand stone flag stones as a patio.
I did not put them down my Dad did. I have moved into my parents ol house with my kids. Knowing my Dad they were probably very expensive and look really nic but are always dirty. Because they are soft they seem to permanently b dirty & dusty. My crawling baby gets so mucky crawling on them that have banned him & my toddler from the garden because of these awfu flags.
Other than rip them up & relay bog standard cheap & cheerful concret (it is a really large area & surrounds the house) is there anything can do.
Is there a sealant or masonry type paint that I could use?
Please help ????
Mummy & babies
-- Tamujiin

Soft maybe because the traction when wet was a safety feature.
Just Guessing.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

On 8/26/07 10:39 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk,

dirty and baths can be fun (been there, done that).
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:39:41 +0100, Tamujiin

The sealers I've used don't seem to last very long, a few months at most. A pressure washer would clean them. If the sandstone is disintegrating, turning back into sand then it's a real problem, time for a professional.