something oblongifolia

Today in his Dallas Forth Worth radio program Neil Sperry and a guest were talking about a resilient fall color plant for the area called ??? oblongifolia... Could not get the first part. A search on the net shows there are many of them(oblongifolias) as you would expect. From the comments it has blue or close to blue flower and does better when kept compact.
I know I am not giving many clues.. but can anybody figure out what plant he could have been referring to?
You really didn't try very hard, did you?
Now you know to get the genus name next time!!!
The species epithet "oblongifolia" has been given to a multitude of species.
Look here for 755 records (some are duplicates.)
http://www.ipni.org/ipni/plantsearch?find_wholeName=&find_searchAll=&find_family=&find_infrafamily=&find_genus=&find_infragenus=&find_isAPNIRecord=on&find_species=oblongifolia&find_infraspecies=&find_isGCIRecord=on&find_authorAbbrev=&find_publicationTitle=&find_isIKRecord=on&find_rankToReturn=all&output_format=normal&find_includePublicationAuthors=on&find_includePublicationAuthors=off&find_includeBasionymAuthors=on&find_includeBasionymAuthors=off&find_sortByFamily=on&find_sortByFamily=off&query_type=by_query&back_page=query_ipni.html
Why don't contact this Neil Sperry fellow by way of his website?
http://www.neilsperry.com /

That is the problem, there are many of them. I could not get the first part of the plant identification, which is the reason I was asking thinking that somebody in the DFW area had been listenning to the program and may hang around here...
Neil only takes questions on the air.
Thanks
Cereus-validus....... wrote:

http://www.ipni.org/ipni/plantsearch?find_wholeName=&find_searchAll=&find_family=&find_infrafamily=&find_genus=&find_infragenus=&find_isAPNIRecord=on&find_species=oblongifolia&find_infraspecies=&find_isGCIRecord=on&find_authorAbbrev=&find_publicationTitle=&find_isIKRecord=on&find_rankToReturn=all&output_format=normal&find_includePublicationAuthors=on&find_includePublicationAuthors=off&find_includeBasionymAuthors=on&find_includeBasionymAuthors=off&find_sortByFamily=on&find_sortByFamily=off&query_type=by_query&back_page=query_ipni.html
You sure are one lazy net monkey.
If you had bothered to look over his website, you would have found an on-line contact.
http://www.neilsperry.com/static.cfm?inc=newsletter
Send him a message asking about the plant name.

I really appretiate your help. I am a subscriber of Neil's magazine and have listened to his program when possible for the last ten years. I know what his business is. I am familiar with his web site, which I visited before I posted, and know his rules. The fact that the web site has an email entry, does not mean he takes questions on the site. He takes questions on the air. He also accepts all the questions with pictures you may want to send him, but he will only select a handfull for the weekly newsletter. No answer for the rest of them. I have gone that route before... Can you guess what happended with my question?. He has define the rules and I am fine with that. I would do the same in his place.
Thank you for your help and the affectuous adjective.
Cereus-validus....... wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@tonys.home wrote:

A little googling for oblongifolia blue flower fall turns up the likely candidate of Aster oblongifolia, variations of which are found native throughout the south/southwest from Kentucky to Texas and which does well in dry conditions/poor soil.