Something from my sweety Granny Artemis

[from Granny Artemis]
Here's something that comforts me when thinking about the 11 states in our fair land that passed anti-gay marriage amendments on Tuesday.
Leo Alard was the first Hispanic to become an Episcopalian bishop in the U.S. His pioneer spirit emerged early on. As a young priest in the 1960s, he headed a racially integrated parish in Cattahoochee, Florida. The bigots of the KKK didn't look favorably on his work, and on one occasion they burned a cross on the church lawn. Alard, who was supervising a youth group on that particular night, brought the class out and had everyone toast marshmallows over the fire.
So let's all toast some marshmallows!
Amazing, really, that this issue motivated voters more than all the Bush lies, bungling in Iraq and Afghanistan, insurmountable deficit, staggering economy, deaths in the hundred thousands in Iraq, pharmaceuticals and health care issues, environmental degradation, shrinking of the middle class, and on and on. Better that the rich get richer, the poor make more sacrifices and uncountable numbers of people get killed than a gay couple be allowed to marry.... Sad, sad, sad.

really are?
"Haga La Fila Aqui" <Asabas Lopez> wrote in message

Your response to Anonny's post proves the unfortunate point that everyone's reality is different. In my reality, I prefer to live and let live. How sad for the world in general that so many people in it are too scared (and/or too stupid) to do the same.

would be no reality.
BATON ROUGE -- By an almost 4-to-1 margin, Louisiana voters said yes Saturday to putting a ban on same-sex marriages in the state Constitution. and: In Tuesday's balloting, Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Michigan, North Dakota, Arkansas, Montana, Utah and Oklahoma solidly backed state constitutional amendments to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman. and Missourians voted by a lopsided 71 percent to 29 percent vote to amend their state constitution to define marriage as between a man and woman only. and Fifteen state legislatures have rejected proposed marriage amendments to their constitutions.
Hmmmm....
Haga La Fila Aqui wrote:

"Haga La Fila Aqui" <Asabas Lopez> wrote in message

LOL...again, you made my point. The reality is that each person has his or her OWN reality. We view the world through the filter(s) of our life experiences, so each person's world looks slightly different than the next person's. Open your mind...it won't hurt you.
snipped-for-privacy@comcastNO.netSPAM says...

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

it surely is sad. The out come of the presidential race is saddening to me, and the thoughts above reflect my own amazement that so many people of a "democracy" that is supposed to assume the equality of each citizen can be so narrow minded and blind to the real problems of this great nation. I am more comcerned than I have ever been for the welfare of our citizens. Leo/lee

Why do you think anyone would give a rat's ass about your stupid liberal claptrap?
"Uncle Remus" <.> wrote in message

Maybe the 55 million or so non-conservatives that voted in the election?
says...

neo-cons.
For everyone else, Leonard Pitts' column (Miami Herald) is worth a good read:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/leonard_pitts/101 03571.htm?1c

And here I was comforted by the thought that you were on your way to China and Ingrid was doing her banking in a mattress. Me, I'm buying pharmaceutical stocks.