Something Different to Plant?

I have a small garden. Every year I plant beefsteak and cherry tomatoes. I've also planted red peppers once or twice. But this year I'm looking for something different to plant. I live in Missouri. Can anyone suggest something that is easy to grow and that I can consume almost everyday? Thank you for your suggestions.
brsher wrote:

It depends on what you like. Around here we like salads. We grow a lot of the small varieties of tomatoes (and of course, several varieties of lettuce). There are dozens and dozens varieties available and we like to try several new (to us) varieties every year. If you got kids or grand kids and they won't eat their veggies let them grow small tomatoes. You will have no trouble getting them to eat them. A lot of the smaller tomatoes are very easy to grow. We start our own from seeds because most of them are not available from the local growers. Any plants that are left over are we plant our graden are given to the neighbors. The same with the tomatoes. Each season we give many to the neighbors.
Some that we are growing this year include yellow pear, red plum, black cherry, Dr. Carolyn (small yellow), Rosalata (small pink), and Ildi (small yellow).
If you want to grow some small tomatoes in containers some that I can recommend are Tumbler Hybrid (small red), Patio F Hybrid (small red), Baloni Red (small red), and Baloni Yellow (small yellow). All of these grow to be very small plants but they have loads of small tomatoes. They are all very early too.
We grow lots of large tomatoes too. If you need some recommendations just ask.
A couple of good places to buy tomato seeds are Totally Tomatoes, http://www.totallytomatoes.com and Tomatoes Growers Supply Company, http://www.tomatogrowers.com
Both of these companies are first class and I have done business with them for years. By the way, I have some pictures (not many) of the tomatoes I have grown the last couple of years on my web site. The link is at the bottom of this post.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969
brsher wrote:

onions
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

brsher wrote:

The Opposums, Racoons, Deer, Skunks, Rabbits, Gophers, Rats, Japanees Beetles,Coyotes and the neighbors Horses made me surrender. Prior to 25 years ago we got to harvest 1/3 of what we planted. The critters don't even mind the dogs or lights. Indeed my dog's best friends are Opposums. They eat out of his dish with him. Did I mention he's part Pit Bull. I might try again if I can ever afford a night security guard and enough insecticide to reapply every other day after the rain washes it off.

hemp

Lettuce, chard, pak choi, carrots
David
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 04:58:10 GMT, "David Hare-Scott"

There is NOTHING more ineffably ineffable than leaves of baby spinach rinsed wll and cooked with nothing but the water on the leaves (watch the pot!). A little lemon juice -- instant ambrosia.
Persephone

Yeah...chard. Good all season. Big leaves cooked, baby ones in salads. To die for.
Lettice, radishes and bush beans in the spring and cabbage and winter radishes in the fall. that would give you a crop about year round.
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley
I took a spot and set up a fig grove. trees go into the heated garage in winter (could be a basement too). http://weloveteaching.com/landscape/figs/figgrove.htm Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at http://weloveteaching.com/puregold / sign up: http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?hl=en&q=puregold&qt_s=Group+lookup www.drsolo.com Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

young as scallions. You can harvest garlic the same way as green garlic. full Onions/garlic can take a 10 month season over winter to get a nice big bulb.
peas/snow peas, lettuces(cut and come again types), spinach, broccoli for early in the season.
Mid season broccoli grows progressively smaller heads but a few plants can produce every week or so. Skip cauliflower-only one head harvested per plant.
cucumbers (prolific) greens beans for summer
maybe everbearing Strawberries
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 4th year gardener http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/album?.dir=/2055&.src=ph