Someone do a rain dance, please

Page 2 of 3

Thousands of Haitians can't be wrong :)
--
Toni
now in 6b Kentucky

Georgia is in the forth year of a severe drought and as a result watering restrictions have been put into place. There is one aspect of the rules that few people are aware of. According to the Atlanta Constitution, under the statewide rules, new landscaping installed by a professional may be watered daily for 30 days after installation, and food gardens can be watered any time. It is possible that other states may have similar rules.:
www-raised-garden-bed.com/
Johnny
this at: rec.gardens:

It's raining here. It started yesterday and should continue today. It been a nice slow drizzle so I couldn't be happier. Black Spring really sucked. Some things are not going to bloom this year and everything is about 2 weeks off it's regular schedule. OTOH, the Japanese maple has made it okay and almost everything has bounced back, except the blooms. I had one, count it, one peony blossom this year. Jury is still out on the magnolia tree.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

It's raining just enough now that artifact hunting means 20# of good Indian clay hanging off each boot. I'm going to have thighs like Wyle Coyote after a mega-dose of Acme vitamins.
this at: rec.gardens:

I'm going to take Jonsey out for some exercise later on this morning. Then I have to shop for an afternoon BBQ I'm throwing tomorrow. Jonsey gets real skittish in the indoor arena so I'm hoping to take him outside later on. I can't imagine what I'll look like browsing the farmer's market and supermarkets after horseback riding outside. I'm not going to have time to shower and change.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

You'll probably get hit on by EVERYONE there. :)
I've only been on D'argo once so far this year and, man, when I first saddled up I suddenly realize that I a LONG way up in the air. Holy shit.
Someone stopped by this week and asked if he was for sale. I ran him off with a shotgun. <hee>
find a snake, kill it, hang it up in a tree, it should rain within two days

Ah, I can't kill a snake. Don't worry, the turtle/spit thingy worked. In fact, I may have to go back and get my spit back because it's not supposed to stop for a week. :)
the snake thing is an "ole' wives" tale around here. 50-50 chance of that actually working anyway. haven't seen any snakes here lately. too dry for even them i guess. told my husband to try the spit thing. need rain badly here too.

Maybe you could do a snake in effigy? That might work if your intent was good. :)
Where are you located? Generally speaking, I mean.
good ole' north carolina - the southeast part of NC that is. we are about 9 inches below normal for our immediate area in the rain-fall department........

Oh dear. I thought they said some of this current slow moving front was coming your way, no? Well, get a piece of hose, pretend it's a snake, have the whole family take a whack at it and hang it in a tree. Can't hurt nuthin', at least.
I wish that front would come on over then. The first of last week I watched it rain all around our house, but not a drop touched our yard. The few remaining plants & bushes I have (the ones the goats didn't get!) could really use some help, not mention the hay & corn fields around here. Wheat fields are loving it though.
My dad & grandpa(s) used to do that whenever he killed a snake in the yard. Heard that saying all my life, don't remember if there's much truth to it though.
My two year old would love your fake snake "remedy". We have plenty of hose pipes and old water hoses he could use. You just gave me a great idea for a new game to play with him outside when he gets back.

You can hang a "snake" from every tree! :)
hey frag, neighbor down the road just killed a 14ft rattlesnake...............that's definitely a record around here. maybe it will pour down rain soon now!

Holy cra... er... cow! If that doesn't getcha rain, you'll have to retire that Old Wive's Tale.
I almost creamed a snake today while he was deciding whether or not to cross the road. That made me revamp this old joke:
Q: Why did the snake cross the road?
A: Because he decided it would be a good day to get road stomped by a car -- and the semi behind it -- going 55 mph.
Yeah, I know... keep my day job.
I did and we got 1 1/2 inch plus the neighbors got a laugh
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Mel M Kelly) wrote in 3311.bay.webtv.net:

Did you do it nekkid?? Post .jpgs, please! You know, just for... um... *RESEARCH* purposes.
:)

Beware of what you ask for. We ain't 18 anymore. I'm just looking-out for your retinas;-)
I wonder if it would work if my little boy danced?
*oh wait a minute - he does that all the time anyway.....................oh well!