Some kind of beetle?

Hi: I just found this bug
http://www.harryhydro.com/photos/bug.jpg
crawling up my back. Just cut grass, must have come from the lawn. I never seen one like this.. Thanks! Harry
In article <10e8ec27.0308261642.1e6b85c0
:) I just found this bug
http://www.harryhydro.com/photos/bug.jpg
:) crawling up my back. Just cut grass, must have come from the lawn. I :) never seen one like this.. :) Thanks! :) Harry :) :) It looks to be the Longhorned beetle Eburia quadrigeminata or Ivory marked beetle. http://cornellcollege.edu/biology/insects/damonkat/E.HTM feeds on Non evergreens, can wind up in furniture or house trim, but probably not in your case.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/owl1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
says...

Hi: Thanks! It sure does look like the Ivory Marked beetle.. I hope it's not eating the trees. Lot's of trees around here are hollow, although look live and well externally, and break in half during a heavy gust of wind, and turn up have about 90% if the inside missing.. Thanks for the info! Harry
Hi! It looks like a leafhopper, it's about 1/8 to 1/5 inches,wedge-shaped, it's pale green with white spots. if this is the case i would spray plants that are near by with sevin, malathinon or methoxychlor, they will destroy plants. Good-luck!! Peppergirl http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com /

some sort of beetle, possibly even a weevil, but definitley not a leafhopper. I wouldnt spray a bunch of chemicals as the last poster recommended due to the fact that you found a single bug on your back.
Toad
In response to the last post, i said it looks like a leafhopper, only i had one that looked like that, and i was told to spray to protect plants, where there's one, there could be more??? If it's a one off, then i do agree with the other post for not spraying. Thanks! Peppergirl http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com /

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (harry) wrote in message

Spotted Apple tree Borer Saperda cretata. One of the longhorned beetles.
I wish I was a s good with my camera!