soils

does anybody know how to get a soil analysis of a particular region, i don't mean the simple soil tests for gardeners, but am referring to the underlying soil base history of a region?
Soil surveys are available through the United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service, at URL http://soils.usda.gov /
Dave
It's possible your state has produced a more detailed survey as well.

I just picked up the county soil survey on Friday. Joint effort of USDA and Texas Agricultural Extension Service. Copyright, 1972. The county wouldn't mail it - too heavy and too big. Tons of VALUABLE data.
J. Kolenovsky
Mike wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Yes, just about every county in Texas has it. I have one from Denton County and Williamson County. So far, I've always lucked out and lived right on the strip of deep, loamy soil. I take full advantage of it. Very fortunate. I love Texas! V