Soil makes you happy!

Page 2 of 2

Or any story about lying.

Yes, you should know, because no matter how much you try to twist the story, anyone can see who is 'putative' here in this thread.

No you haven't, you've done nothing but insult and provoke, like any good troll.

You are the one who started it with the namecalling.

Never once have you ever tried to apologize to me, troll, which is obvious throughout this thread.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Which you are, with draging your politicas into everything.

See (2) above

Waa! She used a dirty word! And trolls never do that!

Are you out of your mind? You are the one constantly and continually foisting your politics in all of your posts. They have nothing to do with the definition of soil. .

Who cares? This thread was started by me about the joys of working the soil. Your obsessions are what sent the thread spiralling to this. John and I had a discussion and are over it. You're just flailing around trying to continue to fan flames.
Now why don't you get the life you claim to have. So far it doesn't sound like you have anything at all buttrolling in garden newsgroups.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Billy wrote:

What difference does it make? I will match your BS with my first BS. Now, tell me about John's education, that allows him to be a tree biologist. What ever that is.
OH, that's right, your just in it for the troll.
Don keep talking about degrees. Leave tree talk to people that have a little understanding of them. Your knowledge should get you a job on Bush's farm in Texas. He loves hiring and putting people in positions that they know nothing about.
Other than that, CHOW!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

That's "ciao", scholar boy.

So now we are giving Italian lessons? Buenos knockers Joe. Not your's but in general;-)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:13:05 -0500, "symplastless"

Do you mean CIAO?
On 11/19/07 9:46 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Mean he's not inviting all of us to Thanksgiving dinner?
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:40:33 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

I don't eat animals anyway.
On 11/20/07 10:48 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

But I bet you'd devour my roasted root veggies! And my uncle makes the best squash you've ever had!
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:56:15 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

One of my favorite things are plain beets, cubed small, coated in olive oil and garlic powder and roasted. Same for carrots, only those I roast in a pan with shallots till they carmelize.
One other favorite is acorn squash, halved and drizzled with olive oil, but also some turbinado sugar or maple syrup (the real stuff, not Aunt Jamima).
On 11/20/07 4:30 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Try some sweet potatoes roasted with olive oil (butter) and rosemary until totally brown on the outside and so sweet.
Ever try maple sugar on your squash???
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:37:32 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

Oh definintely sweet pots. Love them and they are a very good sorce of myriad minerals and vitamin A.
Yes, I always use maple syrup on squash. I said that in the above statement. I you referring to summer squash? Then no, I carmelize shallots for zukes and yellow squash. Perfect with some sea salt and a beautiful, fluffy, soft bed of jasmine rice. I love sticky rice.

John, nothing is as cut and dry as you seem to see it. Soil is a community consisting of what you've definied above and the organisms that live in it. Without the organisms that live within the soil nothing will grow. I don't care what a piece of paper says; nailing down a dry definition isn't going to help our plants grow. Feed your soil with organic matter and your plants will grow (my definition of plants: anything that photosynthesizes, so that includes your beloved trees). :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Feed your

What about the ghost flower?
Soil is a substance made up of sands, silts, clays, decaying organic matter, air, water and an enormous number of living organisms. Is it alive or dead? Yes, is the answer. We have no word for a substance that is both living and dead - wood, soil.
I think people who call beautiful soil dirt need help.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

I agree!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Beware of so-called tree experts who think Webster was a gardener.

LOL
John
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:17:24 -0500, "symplastless"

Soil is not dead or alive independant of other conditions. Everything on the planets and universe are dependant upon cause and conditions. Thus, there certainly is a word for things both living and dead and Buddha Shakyamuni figured it out under the Bodhi tree in India and that word is "emptiness."
There is nothing empty about the wonderful ecological stages of trees. There is a difference between wood anatomy and tree anatomy. What do you mean that wood and soil are empty?
there is always something living in and around soil as well as wood in a natural setting. The only emptiness is when humans deplete the soil or pollute the landfills with wood which would have otherwise created new soil. Or when they try to kill all the associates of trees with kill-all chemicals. Then it is empty, maybe.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

We are on completely different tracks in life, I'm relatively sure. No object OR subject has, in and of itself, it's own nature. Everything is dependant on everything else. Since you can never trace anything completely back to the beginning, there is no beginning so the chicken or the egg is the best case proving this.
Emptiness does not mean it doesn't exist. It exists in convention, but in and of itself does not have tree-ness on its own. We label it tree and associate all else involved. We can never trace back to the first one.
That's what I mean by emptiness. It goes beyond your explanation.