Soil Dumping

Page 2 of 2
Kay Lancaster wrote:

Yes, but what then? I'd've given money to a lawyer that I cannot afford, and now I've got a team of sore losers out for blood.
I don't believe these criminals will see the error of their ways and never bother me again afterward. Call me pessimistic.
For them, trespassing and vandalism is just 'business'. I can imagine what they consider 'retaliation'.
I briefly considered labeling my buckets of donated overburden with: "Platinum ore samples. Please do not steal."
They would be gone in minutes. :)
--Winston
snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net wrote: ...

clearly tresspassing, how would you deal with people coming on your property that aren't wanted? how are they getting through your 6 foot fence? is the gate locked?
songbird
songbird wrote:

My question exactly. Can you talk more about that please?

Yes, with a padlock. It apparently takes them several seconds to open it. The padlock has kept thousands of law abiding folks on their side of the fence. Criminals? Not quite so many.
:)
--Winston
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:40:10 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net"

snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net wrote:

here? i'd take pictures and call the police. temporarily setting up a motion sensitive very bright light so that if it is happening at night they get a bright light in the face when the get in the yard... to make sure the camera gets a good picture. ;)

get a different lock. a good combination lock. and wrap it in a good heavy wrap that will keep the water off it so it will last.
songbird
songbird wrote:

OK. Thanks for your thoughts on this, songbird.
--Winston
Thanks everyone for your constructive criticism, suggestions and, in some cases, snarky yet ignorant babble. :)
I've decided to cover the entire undeveloped area with mulch. That way, my friends will see that any further contributions will be immediately visible. Hopefully that will be sufficient deterrent. I can temporarily shop vac up a spot of mulch and continue to use my post-hole digger to lift the clay into a nearby bucket until the hole drains itself.
Deposit mulch in hole to surface, rinse, lather, repeat. At some point in the distant future, I'll rent a tiller and combine all the goodness.
:)
--Winston

Whatever. See you again when my KF freezes over.
--
Welcome to the New America.
<

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:59:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net wrote:

Fencing comes to my mind.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Travis wrote:
(...)

There's a six footer between the perp and my yard. Fences keep out the honest, but not criminals.
Thanks anyway. :)
--Winston
On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 07:59:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net wrote:

I smell a troll.