Soil Dumping

(...)

The labor to load it on his truck and the time and labor cost to drive it to the yard far exceeds the value of the commodity. 'Better to vandalize and flee. Much cheaper and faster. :)

I wouldn't even try.

:)

It's done here all the time. 'Mostly on older, well - established home sites, though.

Silicon Gulch California. We have laws but our criminals tend to disobey them.

That too.

Congratulations on your great luck!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net wrote: ...

clearly tresspassing, how would you deal with people coming on your property that aren't wanted? how are they getting through your 6 foot fence? is the gate locked?

songbird

Reply to
songbird

My question exactly. Can you talk more about that please?

Yes, with a padlock. It apparently takes them several seconds to open it. The padlock has kept thousands of law abiding folks on their side of the fence. Criminals? Not quite so many.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

12 gauge shotgon.Preferable pump with 4 magnum shots. Enjoy.
Reply to
joevan

here? i'd take pictures and call the police. temporarily setting up a motion sensitive very bright light so that if it is happening at night they get a bright light in the face when the get in the yard... to make sure the camera gets a good picture. ;)

get a different lock. a good combination lock. and wrap it in a good heavy wrap that will keep the water off it so it will last.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

OK. Thanks for your thoughts on this, songbird.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Thanks everyone for your constructive criticism, suggestions and, in some cases, snarky yet ignorant babble. :)

I've decided to cover the entire undeveloped area with mulch. That way, my friends will see that any further contributions will be immediately visible. Hopefully that will be sufficient deterrent. I can temporarily shop vac up a spot of mulch and continue to use my post-hole digger to lift the clay into a nearby bucket until the hole drains itself.

Deposit mulch in hole to surface, rinse, lather, repeat. At some point in the distant future, I'll rent a tiller and combine all the goodness.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Whatever. See you again when my KF freezes over.

Reply to
Billy

Fencing comes to my mind.

Reply to
Travis

I smell a troll.

Reply to
Travis

(...)

There's a six footer between the perp and my yard. Fences keep out the honest, but not criminals.

Thanks anyway. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston