?? Soil drench advice ??

Can anyone advise me of a good recipe for a drench to pour through the soil of houseplants that have been outside, to kill or encourage critters to leave before bringing them into the house?

I've heard soapy water works, but how strong should it be?

Thanks. vince norris

Reply to
vincent p. norris

I use a cap full to a quart of water.

Reply to
betsyb

Thanks, Betsy.

vince norris

Reply to
vincent p. norris

Do you just leave it in? Wash (water) it out? It won't hurt the plant if it's left in?

helco

Reply to
helco

I left it in, it's not that much and I use a spray bottle. Gets the undersides of the leaves easier

Reply to
betsyb

Instead of soap, I soak a bunch of orange peels in water out in the sun and I use that to water the plants. I let it drain out and pour it back in a few times. Also check around in your containers before you use anything for toads; they love to burrow into my pots and inevitably always hip hop around the kitchen and we all wonder what the hell is that noise!

I have a greenhouse now, so all of those problems are g>Do you just leave it in? Wash (water) it out? It won't hurt the plant if

Reply to
Jangchub