Soil amendment?

Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment? Thank
for your help
-- gardenlover

Compost. Make your own or buy it from a landscape supply company.

Yes of course there is-- dozens in fact. BUT, what you use depends largely upon what your existing soil conditions are.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
gardenlover wrote:

Compost would probably be the best but any organic matter would be better than nothing.

USDA Zone 8
gardenlover Wrote:

Try ZEBA. It worked for me and my neighbord. Here is the link for mor info www.zeba.com. Hope that hel
-- northwest_man
northwest_man wrote:

It's interesting that both the original poster and this helpful shill are posting from the same IP address.
I had a feeling that the original message was just a set-up, but I did expect the shill to come back sooner to answer his own question with his spam.
I have no idea of what his product is or does, but as a general rule, products advertised by this method are snake oil. Legitimate products are not advertised by this deceitful method. Therefore, since this method of advertising was chosen for this product, then it must be snake oil.
--
Warren H.

==========

Nice detective work, Warren. I wondered about the use of the word "amendment" with no further details in both the original post and the site referenced. Neither gave any specifics as to what soil property needs to be amended.
However, I did not add 2 and 2 and check IP addresses as you did.
High probablility of useless stuff being foisted onto the unsuspecting.
John

Thye're posting from gardenbanter, a UK website for lamebrains which acts as a portal to usenet groups. All members posts to usenet, carry the website's from-address.

gardenbanter posters don't have a clue they're posting to a newsgroup, and don't understand threads or reply editing. They can very seldom find the same thread to read the answers to their own questions, let alone make a second post to the same thread. Conversations with them do tend to be very short and one- sided :-)
Janet (UK).
contains these words:

Yes. And they also carry the original poster's IP address as well.
--
Warren H.

"Try <my crappy product>. It worked for me and my neighbord. Here is the link for more info ...."
So either this guy is a little too enthusiastic to be heeded or this amazing <crappy product> is so great you can qualify to shill for it within 24 hours. A third possibility is that he may have spelled neighborg wrong, in which case he's the same person, but also isn't. Damned cyberorganic androids moving in all over the place.

OK. In that case, just send the full messages and headers to the gardenbanter report-abuse address which is in the headers too. If you block the gardenbanter from-address you won't ever see anything from their spammy idiots.
Janet.