Soggy yard again with a catch.......

Like a lot of people I have a soggy yard for a number of days after a rain storm. And most of the time the whole yard is squishy. I would love to use asome sort of drain, but I am worried about my septic system and leach field. The water doesn't smell like sewage. Also I don't have a good place to drain the water without flooding my neighbors yard. I might be able to find a place for a dry well but it would have to be huge I guess. Any ideas? thanks tex
Websearch "Rain Gardens"
Tex wrote:

Do you have standing water? How much of your lot is impervious? Can you divert the water to the street?

USDA Zone 8b
Travis wrote:

I live in rural CT on top of a small "mountain" really a large hill. Our road doesn't have any storm drains and I would have to pump the water up hill to get it to the road. My front yard is the biggest problem and is probably .75 acres, maybe 30% is impervious.... The water garden looks interesting, but not sure how close to the leach fields I can go. thanks