Sodding in July

Zone 5a . I have an urgent situation where I need to sod a 200 sq ft area of my yard. Since it's mid-July, it's hot and the sod area is in the direct sun. Could you please give me some advice how I might be successful with the sod? Thank you.

Reply to
JohnnyC

"JohnnyC" expounded:

Water, water, water. I'm actually not a fan of sod for this very reason, but as long as you make sure it doesn't dry out it may do ok. Right now the roots aren't deep at all, and very vulnerable. It'll root in better in the cooler weather.

Reply to
Ann

in 5a only water is needed. in hotter climes I would suggest floating row cover.

sell>Zone 5a

Reply to
dr-solo