Soaker or Dripline hose?

Really tired of cheap soaker hoses that spring leaks or don't convey water all the way.
Use for straight 50' line of roses.
Looked around on-line and became curious if -- in similar situations, e.g. line of ornamentals -- people have had luck with dripline. I've never tried it.
Another q. about soaker/whatever hoses: Is it worth the extra cost for rubber hoses rather than plastic? Some on-line comments suggest as much.
Any wisdom gratefully received.
HB
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:27:01 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon

LeeValley.com has wonderful soaker hoses.

inches, rates are .25, .4, .6 or .9 gph. Bend radius is 9", barbed elbows cost about $.40 each. At 12" spacing the line costs about $30/foot.

Simple resistive emitter hoses will all plug eventually. Netafim is pressure compensating and self-cleaning, at least to a point.
I used ordinary rubber soakers for a couple of years and replaced them with Netafim. No regrets.
HTH,
bob prohaska

bob