So you think it is Hot What to do

Page 1 of 3
Besides some drip irrigation well timed for the garden. Refreshed the bird bath and turned off most electric this soon. about 103 and dew point 62 F.
http://www.pbs.org/lawrenceofarabia/revolt/clothing.html
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

Like "they" say, "Ain't no atheists in foxholes."
--
- Billy

    Rain stopped; sunny. Laundry dry. 90 right now; rh 52%; dewpoint 70. Mostly sunny. Garden drying; from front porch, I spy pollinators enjoying the baby lima blossoms, a good sign. A couple of days' good Earth-drying time and I'll finally get those damnable onions out of the ground. This automated data collection point is between me and NBT but near-enough to my gardening area to reflect reality. WARNING, this link will provoke Excel-equivalent to connect to W3. The site is safe, I use it daily. Times are UTC; this time of year, we are 4 hrs earlier. <http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/cgi-bin/wxobservations.pl?site=KBKV&days=7&type=.iqy Timeliness of the data is variable but it's rarely more than two hours old. Historical averages from the same geographic site (Brooksville/Hernando Cy airport) but from "official" sources may be found here: <http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?sh437&refer=&units=us .     Gotta feed that hanging fern with the antler shaped leaves today (due last Sunday but rained out 'til today); and Bt those striped crawley things that are eating the snap bean leaves.     We have two self-filling watering/bathing stations that the birds use; cats and raccoons, too, as long as they can stand the bird poop but the cats have access to rain water (by far their preference) that the birds and 'coons do not. Of course, there is at least one watering station, used by insects and cats, in each veggie bed. A boon to the beasties during Florida's normally dry spring. I've found that water white or stainless steel colored, relatively deep bowls work best for the bees and wasps while attracting the fewest (remarkably few, actually) innocent bystanders to their deaths.     Your clothing reference is interesting. From the site:

Have you tried one?
--
the Balvenieman
USDA zone 9b, peninsular Florida, U.S.A.

I wear a large hat if I will be about in the sun as I know what melanoma is . On being cool I find it interesting that where I may go with a cool green tea those hot Arabs go with hot coffee. My clothing is just reduced to less is best but I see all these images of robes and wonder perhaps they know what is best in desert climes.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Often it is mint tea, like they serve at the mosque in Paris.

--
- Billy
On 07/07/2010 02:06 PM, Bill who putters wrote:

We usually have those temperatures here in West Texas. Last year we had a terrible drought. This year we've had great rains. Today after we hadn't had rain for two days the temp got up to a sweltering 86 F, I turned on the AC for a while, then we got another great rain. The temp is 70 F. Flood advisories for our area. Baby turtles are out exploring. Garden is thriving.
Hope you get rain soon. I usually wish I lived east, somewhere there is more rain, but when it rains here enough this can be the best place in the world to live.
Mysterious Traveler

Don't feel neglected, this is a global heat wave. Half of "Democracy Now" today, is on climate warming and what will happen (people die), and what we can do. Some dark humor also. Apparently, while "The Worst President Ever" was denying global warming, his military was making contingency plans for it. Next to Bush, Obama still looks good. <http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/8/gwynne_dyer_on_climate_wars_the
--
- Billy
In article

Maybe next life.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
On 7/8/2010 2:08 PM, Bill who putters wrote:

You're both a couple of flakes ;)

Never learned how to document a response have you, Frank?
Matter of fact, I doubt you even watched the video, that you base your opinion on. You have opinions on reports that you don't read, too. If it wasn't for divine revelation, you wouldn't know anything, would you, Frank?
Hey, Frank, a heat wave from Boston to Baghdad to Beijing is setting record-breaking temperatures in cities across the world. <http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/8/gwynne_dyer_on_climate_wars_the You only risk losing your ignorance, Frank ;O)
While "The Worst President Ever" was denying global warming, his military was making contingency plans for it. That must be a real kick in the head for a recalcitrant denier, like yourself, Frank.
Lucky that you don't look at opposing opinions, otherwise you might have to think once in a while ;O)
This is even "on topic" because it has to do with weather affecting crops.
Oh, yeah, Kucinich rocks.
--
- Billy

I saw the video, Kuchinch has rocks in his head. Sure 90% of what he says makes sense but the other 10% is nutty. Do you want someone like that in charge?
In article

90% reasonably sane. I'd go with that.
http://undpress.nd.edu/book/P01022
Hell I'd go with 60% but I'd also like real human interfacing. Fumbles and all.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Sure wouldn't want that doctor though.
--
- Billy
In article

There is an article in "Organic Gardening" aug/sept 2010 issue page 16. The article is called "Were not in zone 6 Anymore". Its about the USDA is updating a more precise version of the plant hardiness zone map. The article never uses the phrase "Global Warming", it uses the phase "Climate Change". I find it interesting, they talk about increased CO2's and it's environmental impact.
Is it politics for the word phrase change or is "Climate Change" more accurate than global warming?
I prefer "Global Warming"! It has a tone of warning and danger. "Climate Change" seems nonchalant, not worry.
Well the heat have seems to be over with (In the mid 90's for two weeks and no rain, mid 80's next week with rain) in Michigan as the rain is now coming down cooling things off and filling my once empty rain barrels. My pepper plants were taking a hit with droopy leaves, tomatoes look great and just took off.
I should have grown okra. Perfect weather for it!
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

This is just PR opiate to keep the masses from freakin' out. Oh, not a big problem. We'll have it back together in 9 months. Yeah, sure, right. The fishing industry is screwed for who knows how long (as seafood restaurants around the country fold). Tourism is dead on the Gulf coast for a few years, but the oil and the tar will come back with every large storm. Only thing that is still rockin' and a rollin' is oil. All Houston, all the time. Definitely not to everyone's taste.
This region was just starting to revive from Katrina. I wonder how many more will say "enough" and leave.

--
- Billy
Dan L. wrote:

It is less misleading because saying the globe will get warmer is much too simplistic. Change in temperature (mostly up) is only one kind of predicted change. Other kinds of effects are increase or decrease in rainfall and change in weather patterns, for example fewer but more intense storms.

According to some it should be named Pinko Plot.
David

Yes, by those who suffer cranial-rectal inversion.
--
- Billy
Climate change is scientifically correct. Global warming is the cause, climate change is the result. As somebody else pointed out, while on average the temps increase it is not everywhere. It doesnt get much warmer at the equator, but at the poles the increase in temp is amplified when the cool reflecting snow gives way to heat absorbing dark bodies of water. And global warming doesnt sound that bad, but the intensity of storms, their duration, bigger and longer and more intense heat waves, snowstorms, droughts, more intense hurricanes, not necessarily more of them. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

Hmmm... I wonder
If my understanding of global warming is correct and I am not sure. The poles are regulating the earths oceans and earths temperature. The poler ice is shrinking. When the polar ice goes away so does the earths temperature regulation. Then it is too late to save life on this planet.
Is it not best to reduce carbon emissions now or wait and see who is correct.