So lonely...

Gut less cowards who would rather grow roses?

Call me gutless if you want, however I HATE ROSES!

While our infrastructure goes south.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aidU64
Gutless no just lost in duality. Eisenhower warned and Hollywood said what the hell. We spend more on military than the rest of the world combined. I'd say go for it but just reinstate the draft only for folks over 55.
Bill who loves roses especially as Rose Hip Jam.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"Always tell the truth and you don't have to remember anything."

Gutless cowards without due process, habeas corpus, or free speech. You sure you're not a Wahhabi al Quaida, Don?
--
- Billy

Methodist, thank you very much, but, due process, habeas corpus, or free speech have a few little hiccups in the military, all of which lead to the stockade, some to the gallows. May his trip be short.

Well I'm glad you came to your senses and started supporting "The Most Disappointing President Ever". So, no more due process, habeas corpus, or free speech. Good-bye 21st Century, hello 12th.
With this issue out of the way, we can go back to getting pissed-off at the most "disappointing President ever" for: 1) the 20% increase in civilian deaths in Pakistan due to intensified use of drone aircraft
2) extended military commitment in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Ethiopia
3) continuation of spying on all American citizens
4) authorizing the murder of an American citizen
5) suspension of habeas corpus
6) using "national security" to prevent government transparency
7) appointing ideologues to lead the FCC and the Deficit Panel which will lead to higher charges for wireless users, and cuts in Medicare and Social Security for the old and the sick
8) giving $700B to the rich (who have never had it so good as the last 10 years) and increasing taxes on the poor <http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/28/business/28wages.html <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/business/29tax.html
9) continued U.S. support for Israeli ethnic cleansing of Palestinians
10) putting in place a security system that essentially takes naked pictures of our mothers, wives, and children, or requires them to be groped.
I don't care what party wins the next election, as long as it is won by an honest person. That probably rules out the Republicans, and the Democrats.
--
- Billy

Honest people cannot get elected anywhere! One must lie, cheat and steal to get elected. As an Atheist what chances would I have... None! I would have to lie, cheat and steal to get elected. As for human rights and the constitution, President Bush shredded that document years ago.
If you want an honest leader, get rid of democracy and install a ruthless dictator. He may be completely insane, but still honest. I am not sure honesty is up there in terms of a qualified leader... Just one that agrees with my views.

Why don't you wait for his conviction, before you start planning his execution?
--
- Billy
On 01/03/2011 12:34 AM, Billy wrote:

What are you an Idiot? With free speech you can say anything you want but taking classified information and giving it to the world is illegal and the criminals need to be punished. If people in the US military could choose what rules they want to uphold or break then the security of our country is in jeopardy. Terrorist depend on idiots like you to aid them in their attacks against the US.

--
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
~Winston Churchill

I agree, but I wouldn't go below lower than Congressional Representatives.

And if we called the war off now? I doubt that the few hundred "die hard" al Quaida would want to start the war over again. If they do, then they give us no choice, but why don't we start by giving them a choice. I know the the military-industrial complex would be unhappy about that but we can't keep supporting these self-serving parasites.
Using invectives is VERY unhelpful.

--
- Billy
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:37:53 -0600, Mysterious Traveler wrote:

The US government and military are corrupt to the top. It is up to the average citizen and of course the military grunts, to keep the top brass in line.

Wel he isn't but I'm sure there are a lot around.
I've been wondering if the US military is run by a bunch of complete incompetents.
I find it absolutley astounding that a 23 year old Private had access to so much information that has nothing at all to do with the military and while he was stationed in Iraq. Manning wasn't in Washinton in some snug office job but was stationed in what is effectively a combat zone.
That is simply astounding and beyond common sense. Heads should roll but it should be at very senior levels. Of course it'll be a silly young Private who gets crucified and the real incompetents who should be held accountable will get away with it.
With free speech you can say anything you want

Security is obviously in jeopardy if some Private in Iraq had access to so much information.
Terrorist depend on idiots like you to

That is an insulting and ignorant remark given US Constitution.

Before 9/11 the intelligence agencies were divided and did not share information. Information was splintered and few were allowed to see the information collected. After 9/11 a new agency was created called "Homeland Security". A vast new agency that shared information from the different agencies like, NSA, CIA, Military and the FBI. It was a knee jerk reaction and this gigantic agency was throw together haphazardly. Some people had access to information that should not have, like a young Private that may not have as much maturity as an older person would have.
The military complex is a behemoth that is bankrupting the United States just to help the international corporations to stay mega rich while the citizens go broke. People vote for the behemoth military out of fear and lies from our politicians. Like most behemoth facilities they tend to get out of control and run by local nut jobs.

be given> wrote:

The stuff up by the intelligence community before 9/11 is well know as is the scramble afterwards, but I can't see how that can excuse another stuff up that seems to be pretty basic in nature.
Conditions in Iraq must be considered to be unstable at best even if anyone wants to do a bit of sanitising and not claim its a combat zone. Having so much information which US sources say is 'sensitive' accessable in Iraq is just asking for trouble (even if it has all been as dull as dishwater). Iraq would be a locale where most troops will suffer from some stresses and strains arising from serving there. Manning is young and if he did what he's accused of, then anyone should wonder if there is a major problem with him. The consequences of such actions would be obvious to any serving personnel as should the stupidity of bragging about leaking to a complete stranger. Those actions aren't what I'd call 'normal'.
I assume Manning would have needed a Top Secret clearance at a minimum if the info is as sensitive as it's been claimed. The sort of stringent checks needed to get that sort of clearance should have shown up some reservations about him.

Yeah, but that military behemoth also solves a lot of unemployment problems.

I suspect your 'local' would not actually very local. I suspect it's more like very 'senior' with lots of fruit salad hanging off the chest and currently doing lots of backpedalling in order to cover a broad arse that derserves a thorough kicking.

There are at least 3 Australians and at least one New Zealander who all post here regularly so they would all be quite well aware of Assange's nationality.
The ludicrous calls for all sorts of ridiculous action that have been made in the US have also been well noted south of the equator. There sure are some intemperate loonies in the US who have little knowledge of, or respect for the law.
On 01/02/2011 02:27 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

He played a stupid game he should have known was unwinnable. He should have known what he was doing was wrong.
What was he thinking?
Did he think he was going to be a hero and get ticker tape parades in his honor?
--
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
~Winston Churchill

What Assange did is no different than what the N.Y. Times, Le Monde in France, El Pais in Spain, The Guardian in Britain and Der Spiegel in Germany did. He passes along information. He didn't steal it.
As for the person who gave the information to Wikileaks, they may have felt morally obligated to let fellow citizens know how our tax supported government was behaving. Personally, I am grateful to that person whoever they are.
<http://www.democracynow.org/2010/12/29/allan_nairn_as_us_loses_its Brookings Institution last year estimated that for every one militant, as they put it, killed in Pakistan, the U.S. drones kill 10 civilians. General Michael Hayden, former head of the CIA, also the National Security Agency, also former director of National Intelligence, said that our default position is to kill our adversaries, referring to the use of the drones. Harold Koh, whos the legal adviser for the Justice Department, earlier this year at a State Department briefing on the results of the review conference on the International Criminal Court, described the international legal environment that the U.S. had helped shape. And he said this: "No U.S. national can be prosecuted for aggression. We ensure total protection to our American forces and other nationals going forward." So, in that situation, the U.S. defines who the adversaries is. The default U.S. position is to kill the adversary. When you kill the adversary, you kill 10 civilians. What are the survivors, the loved ones of those civilians, supposed to do, when the international legal system is rigged so that there is no peaceful redress, so they have no place to go? Its unjustified. Its terrorism by the U.S. laws own definition. - ALLAN NAIRN
Bring our boys and girls home, NOW.
--
- Billy
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:38:13 -0600, Mysterious Traveler wrote:

He is a hero. As is Bradley. They probably will not get a ticker tape parade, because they are heroes for the people, not the machine.

is he a hero as well? He benefits the people, not the machine, and your out only a few bucks.
The fruitcake is a thief, he stole classified materials and provided them to another fruitcake for publication. In violation of military and civil law. I think he should be summarily executed, if not for the theft, then for being stupid.

don't know who took the information. We don't know why they took the information. We don't know how Wikileaks came by its information. We do that the government was given the chance to redact the released material, and didn't. Now they complain. We do know where the N.Y. Times, Le Monde in France, El Pais in Spain, The Guardian in Britain and Der Spiegel in Germany got their information. You calling for their heads also, Don? How about the people reading the classified information? Kill them too, because they know too much? I do know that the murder of the Reuters journalists was sufficient for me to applaud whoever exposed the American mode of total war without end. And intercourse you too, while I'm at it, you Nazi.

The fruitcake is the guy who prejudges. The fruitcake is the guy who answers in English, when apparently he can't read it. The fruitcake is the guy who doesn't support American values of fair play and honesty.

--
- Billy