So lonely...

Page 1 of 3
... on this NG. Guess most everybody has gone dormant.
We are digging out of the rain storms that have caused a lot of damage in So. Calif. Fortunately my house in a "flat, boring" area has come through OK, esp. since I had a roof leak fixed last summer. But a lot of houses in the canyons and in the cliffs overlooking the sea have taken a terrible beating, with danger of landslides continuing.
Garden is hysterical with joy over the nice clean sky water that has been pouring down for -- what? two weeks? week and a half? I have filled several trash cans with sky water, to use on house plans for the next long time. I have hear a dash of chlorine will keep the water from getting icky. T/F?
This is to wish all the good people on this NG Happy Holidays and a New Year of peace, health and prosperity.
Let us share our blessings with poor Bradley Manning, who is still in a Navy brig under inhuman -- read: "torture" conditions. He needs to hear from us. That our government can be so spiteful and do illegal things to people is no news, but what they're doing to this kid is beyond all limits. We must stand up for the rule of law!
He is being kept -- falsely -- under a "Prevention of Injury" rule. He is not a dangerous to himself; that is a slimey pretext. He can't get a night's sleep; they wake him every 5 minutes. He has NO exercise time. No pillow, no blanket. In solitary for the last few months. Cannot receive visitors. Has no reading matter. He is deteriorating mentally and physically. The govt's objective is to break him so he will turn on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Please go to <firedoglake.com> and add your support. Not because you agree or disagree with WikiLeaks and Bradley Manning. But because what is being done to this boy is ILLEGAL. Our silence is complicity. What if it was your son?
HP
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

The Wikileaks Task Force's acronym says it all, WTF.
--
- Billy
βœ–

Add pictures here
βœ–

There in lies the problem. How do you know that he is a traitor? In your mind he is already convicted. If he does admit to charges of unauthorised use and disclosure of classified information, his confession could reasonably be expected to be throw out because of torture. Because of torture, people will say anything.
Bradley Manning's lawyer complained about his treatment, and characterized it as torture.
U.N. Probes Detention of Bradley Manning
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/23/un-treatment-leaks-bradley-m anning>
The United Nations special rapporteur on torture has launched an investigation into the U.S. militaryΉs treatment of Bradley Manning, the Army private accused of leaking classified material to WikiLeaks. Manning has been held in solitary confinement since May. His attorney has claimed confinement has been in violation of a military rule against "pretrial punishment." Friends and family of Manning say his mental and physical health has been deteriorating.
--
- Billy
βœ–

It seems nobody is noticing that Assange is not a U.S. Citizen, so cannot be held to have committed treason against the U.S.
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–
Aiding and abetting the enemy in time of war, summary execution.
wrote:

It seems nobody is noticing that Assange is not a U.S. Citizen, so cannot be held to have committed treason against the U.S.
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–

Get your spam out of here please
Add pictures here
βœ–

Spam????
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–
Higgs OT DOUCHEBAG Boson wrote:

OT, Douchebag/Doucheboson!!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jan 5, 7:25 am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

This NG does seem to attract a certain number of "high culture" posters like our friend, here.
Since I don't visit a lot of NGs, does anyone who travels more widely happen to know whether we have an (undeserved<g>) percentage of "high culture" posters?
Inquiring minds...
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

The glitterati/philistine ratio here seems fairly typical for a usenet group.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Very typical. My reasoning: usenet is older than the hills, older than the web. Many on the usenet are older computer professionals. Younger computer professionals out there tend to know nothing about usenet. Like most here they had University accounts where usenet was common for sharing knowledge. Usenet is now waining on it's last legs, going the way of the Dodo bird. It is also typical for people that have University degrees in the Sciences, Engineering and Liberal Arts will be more than likely be Liberal. If your here, like minds TEND to think alike.
The busiest newsgroup that I have wander onto is the the "sci.physics" newsgroup. They still can get a thousand postings per day. Some famous people do login to usenet. Science fiction writers tend to hang out in "sf" areas which also gets allot of postings.

βœ–

There are much fewer dimwits on this ng that some others I know of.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Higgs Boson wrote:

Your "high culture" poster is "high culture" on other websites also. He has much opposition but he manages to shout most of them down.
gloria p
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Higgs Boson" wrote "cshenk" wrote:

Yes Spam. This is a group about gardening and no one here *cares* about your vendetta to support the wikileaks author or the military guy who passed him the information. Try a political oriented group.
But then, you knew this and are just trolling and hoping to get others to 'agree with you'.
Get lost. I'd much rather use up my bandwidth on someones experiences with azaleas which is what *this* group is about.
For the rest, he's killfiled permanently if he replies off topic again here which takes him out of all groups at my end unless someone quotes him. He's tried this same garbage in several groups I am in and I am tired of deleting his stupid off topic threads.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes, please! It would be an honor to be KF'd by such a "high culture" poster!

But it keeps you busy; out of the bars and poolrooms, and that's all to the good.
HB
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Higgs Boson" wrote:
Nothing worth reading nor about gardening. endtrans
Add pictures here
βœ–

There are many who think these wars, and maybe even 9/11 itself, was a crock. So our speaking-out against the war, may be construed as aiding the enemy as well.
Does free speech no longer exist in this country??
What are we becoming, Don?

--
- Billy
βœ–