So I Saw An Eye-Talian Honeybee

singing "O Sole Mio." First one I've seen in years. But there was a time when .... if you had clover on your property, you didn't dare walk barefooted.
Jack W wrote:

I hope that means in your area that the Asian mite and Asian fungal diseases that has devastated the populations of our beloved Italian honey bees is coming back....I hope so. I have planted more things that attract bees than I realized. I desperately want them to survive HERE! (I have all kinds of pollinators, but the Italians are responsible for our FOOD!) madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where there are still a few people close by who have hives.

madgardener wrote:

Didn't realize that Asians had anything to do with the goombahs' demise. I always thought the DDT was the culprit from which the goombah bees never recovered..
Learned something new today.