Snow!

Page 2 of 2
On 11/15/04 6:24 AM, in article 41989214$0$579$ snipped-for-privacy@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu, "dps"

I do that automatically!
Cheryl

We own them but for whatever reason DH takes them out of the car in the summer (not like they take up much room).... we moved and now he can't find them. I'm trying to be patient LOL!! Colleen Zone 5 CT
On 11/15/04 7:44 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m10.aol.com, "GrampysGurl"

I'd kill him - at the very least shout a lot.
When where I worked got a bunch of transfers from the Deep South, a couple of us put together a "must haves' list for them. Heading the list was a snow scraper in every car and extra windshield washer fluid in the trunk.
Cheryl
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:49:26 +0000, JCMumsie wrote:

We got 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the Hudson Valley of NY...

I'm also here in the Hudson Valley. Nice to meet you Tom.
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:46:05 -0800, Marg wrote:

Same here Marg! Small world!
sigh.. my inlaws just left Hudson Valley for good. moved to Sarasota. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net (Marg) wrote:

When it rains and is 50 degrees, the malls close down here. LOL!
Actually, our roads are slick with oil from the dry times, so when it finally rains in spring or fall, many people go bump in the night.
Victoria
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:13:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com opined:

On 13 Nov 2004 13:49:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (JCMumsie) wrote:

And let indoor gardening begin :)
JCMumsie wrote:

We got 3" here in MA. No problem. Ground is not frozen and the snow insulated our lettuce from the 15F temperatures the next night. Some lettuce under row covers was squashed by the weight of the snow on the covers, but it tastes just fine. I expect the snow to disappear over the next few days with the expected temperatures in the 40's and 50's. The ground isn't frozen, so it won't be mud season just yet.
Covered the carrots and beets with leaves. I'll be digging them until March. (After that, when the ground starts to warm up, the root crops start to grow again and use the sugars stored in the roots, so they're not as good, although still edible.)
I've tried to store the carrots in wet sand in a cold place, but they get wimpy after a while. Much better right out of the ground. However digging carrots in 10 degree weather is not quite as enjoyable as digging them in the fall.